Advanced vehicle safety technologies generate tremendous benefits to society and hold the promise of sharply reducing the number of automotive accidents each year saving thousands of lives and billions in costs.
Mark your calendars now to join the Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA) for a media breakfast and ride-and-drive in Washington, D.C. at 9:30am on Tuesday, May 17. You will have the opportunity to experience advanced vehicle technologies first hand and hear perspectives on key issues impacting automotive suppliers.
Demonstrations will include:
· Automatic emergency braking (including passenger cars and heavy-duty trucks)
· Automatic emergency steering
· Cybersecurity and anti-hacking technologies
· V2V and V2X
· Replacement part ride control
· Telematics and advanced repair diagnostics
· Mirrorless technology
· Automated parking maneuvers
· Electronic parking brake application on a school bus
· Advanced diesels
The media breakfast will begin at 9:30 a.m., followed by brief remarks by MEMA executives and members, and nearly two dozen ride-and-drive demonstrations. In addition to MEMA’s leadership, company executives and subject matter experts will be onsite from MEMA members:
· Tenneco/Monroe Shocks & Struts
· Valeo Inc.
· ZF TRW
· Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers Association
· U.S. Coalition for Advanced Diesel Cars
What: Media Breakfast & Advanced Vehicle Safety Ride-and-Drive
When: Tuesday, May 17, 2016; 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Where: RFK Stadium Parking Lots 6 & 7 (Near the corner of Benning Road and Oklahoma Avenue, NE)
RSVP: Reserve your spot by RSVP’ing to firstname.lastname@example.org